Demo Site

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Exploding chairs?

Do not be stupid. They are not those stunt chairs that you are thinking of. Nope. Neither are they those ejection seats that you are imagining in those aircrafts. Eh? You did not thought of all those? Ok, I am the one that was thinking of those dumb stuff when I first saw the title... =.=;; Zzzz



Anyway, I was surfing the internet as usual and then I came across these disturbing stories. And it was not just one, I saw a few posts on the internet about it... You know those chairs whereby you can adjust the height by pulling a lever beneath the seat? Yea, those computer chairs that is very common in the office?? A 14 year old kid weighing 80 kg (Not saying that the weight contribute to the accident but... well, nevermind.) was apparently killed when the chair he was sitting on went KABOOM on him while the boy was seating on it, penetrating the boy with multiple flying chair parts from the bottom and in another post, a girl was hurt severely when the chair she was sitting on exploded too. ~.~



All of these exploding chairs uses gas cylinders and were coincidentally made in China. (And yeah, these incidents happen in China too... :( ) As I am having a full time job working in a office and naturally I am sitting on this kind of chairs ALL day, after reading I cannot help but have an uneasy feeling about it...

Guess it is time to go back to those good old trusty fold-able chairs. Better be safe than sorry, I guess.

Ciaossu~

2 comments:

Bianchi said...

Okay, I'm changing my chair now! That's freaky :/

Gackt said...

Yea Bian, I dun even dare to sit fully on the chair in my office now...